Friday, March 18, 2011

a recipe for your weekend: honey lime enchiladas.


let me start off by saying best.enchiladas.ever.  the honey and lime together are seriously delish.  


ingredients:


6 tablespoons honey
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
1 can black beans, rinsed
tortillas
green enchilada sauce
shredded cheddar cheese


directions:


mix honey, lime juice, chili powder, and chicken together and marinate for at least 1 hour.  cover bottom of baking dish with a small amount of enchilada sauce.  assemble enchilada by placing a heaping spoonful of chicken, a spoonful of beans and cheese in tortillas.  roll up and place in baking dish.  top with remaining sauce and cheese.  bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is melted.


i think next time i will also add a little olives to the mix.  we love us some olives.  


hooray for friday!!!  i just completed my first zumba workout {i love it!} and i might do a little shopping/frozen yogurt run this afternoon.  have a lovely weekend!

9 comments:

Mizdragonfly said...

That looks de-li-cious! Might have to try next weekend!

Have a great weekend :)

K.

Morgan said...

that sounds fantastic! what a unique combo

amber d* said...

I just love coming to your blog and finding all these neat recipies!

Gaby said...

I LOVE mexican food! My husband and I have fajitas or enchiladas at least once a week, I'll have to try these next time!

mj { a r c h i ♥s m a r y - j a n e } said...

I had these for my birthday dinner and they were delish! Thanks for sharing. Now I can make them for myself.

Renee B. said...

I don't usually like Mexican, BUT these look delish and make me want to give them a try! Yum!

Maranda said...

I made these for dinner tonight. Super Delish! Only I didnt have any black beans. My mom really enjoyed them too.

MistyBlue said...

Hi! I have a question ... what is the red on top of the enchiladas? Did you use red enchilada sauce instead of/in addition to green for the photos? Thanks for the recipe!

Mandy said...

Just finished making these for dinner. So yummy! Posted a pic of them on my blog. Thanks for the fab recipe.

Mandy
www.kinistyle.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails